Sustainable Development Goals
The United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals were created to address the global challenges we face and aim to achieve a healthier, fairer, more sustainable future for us all. Each goal relates to specific areas such as poverty, education, gender equality, climate action and more. You can learn about all of the goals at the UN’s website here.
Our clients operate in a range of industries which means we are able to contribute to many of the goals. Via our core services we are working towards these goals…
Goal 7 - Affordable and Clean Energy
- Donate 1% of our Green Hosting sales to Renewable World.
- Power our websites with renewable energy and provide the same wind powered website hosting to our clients.
- Divert websites from hosting powered by fossil fuels.
- Promote, support and provide information about an Internet powered by renewables.
- Raise awareness of air pollution caused by Internet services powered by fossil fuels.
- Build energy efficient websites and employ non-wasteful activities online as well as promoting both of these to our wider networks.
- Use a renewable energy electricity company to power our office.
- Use renewable energy supplied through the grid rather than off-grid to contribute to the wider development.
- Continue to support and promote Green’s Windmill.
Goal 12 - Responsible Consumption & Production
- Employ an ethical policy which means that we will not profit from or provide services to companies whose products or services exploit people, animals or the planet. You can read our full ethical policy here.
- Communicate responsible consumption and non-wasteful use of online, digital services. The Internet is extremely resource hungry (using energy, materials for hardware and data centres, transportation, land etc), yet often not considered.
- Create energy efficient websites and support our hosting clients to do the same.
- Do not buy many physical goods or travel often. However, when this is necessary we choose telephone or video meetings over travel and travel by public transport over car where possible.
- Refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle.
- We are Ethical Consumer Members and consult their guides first when buying a new product or service.
- Seek out suppliers with positive ethical credentials.
17 Partnerships for the Goals
- Supply website hosting, web development and web support services to clients aligned to the SDGs
- Collaborate with other organisations with the same aims to make positive change
- Promote businesses (either clients or non-clients) aligned to the SDGs via our social channels
- Continue to attend events and network online with like-minded businesses and organisations
We continually asses and review our work in-line with these goals.